Tuesday 4 August 2009

garden waste

Well they say 'write what you know'... I know exactly where this particular idea for the book comes from. Kenzie the husky does more poop per day than any other dog I know and, with a four year old sharing the garden with her, I do spend an inordinate amount of time clearing up after her. Like the Growing Boy, I too am forever engaged in a gardening battle I cannot win - I'm hoping he will triumph where I do not! That's artistic licence for you, if only real life was as simple.

Here I'm demonstrating the convenience and lucky happinstance (is that a word?!) of illustrating while making a cup of tea - in a moment of inspirado, that teabag came in handy for added 'mess'!

In an exciting garden update: I have one red tomato!!! I'm so excited, I may even post a picture!

3 comments:

  1. This illustration made me laugh. Cute and gross all at the same time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took me a while to concentrate what the dog was doing because I was just wrapped in the colours and lines and the freedom of this illustration! Its fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, thank you! I had fun with this one with a used teabag :-P

    ReplyDelete